SHARP @ CES 2019
Sharp to Take Part in CES*1 2019, the 1st Time in 4 Years
Accelerating the “Changing the World with 8K and AIoT*2” Business Vision Worldwide
Sharp will take part in CES 2019 in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States. To be held from January 8 to 11 (Tuesday to Friday), 2019, CES is one of the world’s largest consumer electronics trade shows. Sharp will have a booth in the Central Hall, marking the first time in four years since Sharp set up a full-scale exhibit at CES.
Based on its business vision of “Changing the World with 8K and AIoT,” Sharp will equip its booth with four areas dedicated to 8K, AIoT, Home, and Business. Visitors will experience firsthand an “8K Ecosystem” built upon 8K-related equipment, devices, and solutions and “AIoT Solutions” driven by AIoT home appliances, robotics, sensors, and other devices. Moreover, they will be provided with home and B2B scenarios in which to try out the state-of-the-art devices and solutions that have made Sharp an industry leader.
Sharp’s incorporation of its pioneering 8K technology into an 8K Ecosystem and AIoT Solutions, like the COCORO+ service, have thus far focused on the Japanese market. From here on, Sharp is expanding and accelerating this development on a global scale.
- Consumer Electronics Show
- AIoT: A word coined by Sharp, combining the words AI (artificial intelligence) and IoT (Internet of things). AIoT is a vision of how all kinds of products will connect to artificial intelligence via the cloud and become a people-oriented existence. AIoT is a registered trademark of Sharp Corporation.
16006, Central Hall, Las Vegas Convention Center (Nevada, USA)
［Exhibition period : January 8 (Tuesday) – April 11 (Friday)］
Exhibit Highlights (tentative)
- 8K-related equipment (video monitors / multi-displays, camcorders, audio)
- 8K-related devices (CIS*3, image processing system semiconductors, tuner front-end)
- 8K solutions (developments for IP transmission, 5G, and education)
- 8K-related technology (up-conversion technology)
- AIoT /Home
- OLED-related (smartphones, flexible technology)
- Pet solutions (pet care monitor for cats, vital statistics system for dogs)
- RoBoHoN application solutions
- Kitchen suite (lineup of built-in products)
- Home appliances (superheated steam oven, air purifier, related applications)
- Professional displays, touchscreen displays
- dynabook*4 notebook PC, MEC (mobile edge computing) solutions
- CMOS image sensors
- dynabook is a registered trademark of Dynabook Inc.